Data Engineer - Flat
Flat is flipping the way homes are sold in Mexico. With a deep layer of technology and data, Flat simplifies the painful process of buying or selling a home. With Flat, sellers are able to sell their homes for a fair price in a matter of days, and move-in to a new apartment effortlessly. For buyers, Flat guarantees the conditions of the property, a fair purchase price, and a seamless buying experience. We are driven by the challenge of disrupting a large industry that hasn’t seen much innovation in the past recent years.
This position is part of a growing Data Science area in Flat that builds and refines Data Science tools and techniques. As a Data Engineer, you will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and will enjoy seeing your insights turned into real products.
- Expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for our teams.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for automated optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL and AWS tools.
- Build analytics tools and provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve our models.
- Develop strategies to capture data on buyer preferences.
- We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Good understanding of shell commands and scripting for automation (Bash)
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Proficiency in SQL, numerical programming and data wrangling in Python
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, Lambda, RDS, ECS, ECR.
- Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub)
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker)
Nice to have
- Experience using Luigi, Airflow or Apache NiFi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the PropTech ecosystem